Workplace Violence and Active Shooter Preparedness for 2023
Workers' Compensation Trust
47 Barnes Industrial Park Rd.
Wallingford, CT 06492
Self Insured Clients: $75 per person
Member Registration › Self-Insured Registration ›
This updated program will be presented by Bryan Gran, Department of Homeland Security and colleagues and Pamela Hunter from the Workers Compensation Trust. In the United States, the number of Workplace Violence(WPV) and Active Shooter events has increased exponentially over the past several years. This seminar will provide tools and resources to enhance awareness and respond to a WPV or Active Shooter event – wherever it might occur. Creating an effective response plan and providing training to employees is critical to saving lives. Because WPV and Active Shooter events are unpredictable and evolve quickly – every second counts. This session will provide organizations the tools and resources to develop or enhance their WPV and Active Shooter preparedness plans and training. This class will also discuss de-escalation techniques to share with employees in order recognize and defuse situations in order to stay safe.
- Review techniques to de-escalate situations before violence occurs
- Understand the elements of active shooter incident response planning with guidance
- Learn about common behaviors, conditions, and situations associated with active shooter events
- Understand how to recognize potential workplace violence indicators
- Learn about best practices, communications protocols, and resources
- Discuss resources available to everyone
- All Members and Clients
- CEO’s, CFO’s, Human Resources Managers, Facilities Managers, Safety Committee Chairs, and employees in charge of safety or security
Bryan Gran, Protective Security Advisor at Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Region 1 and the State of Connecticut.
Robert Mahoney, Regional Prevention Coordinator, New England Region of DHS Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships (otherwise referred to as CP3)
Erik Ulmen, Protective Security Advisor, CISA in the State of Rhode Island
John Warren, Protective Security Advisor, CISA.
4.75 CEUs from LeadingAge CT
| | Share/Bookmark