Hazard Assessments: Hazard Communication and Hand & Power Tools
Workers' Compensation Trust
47 Barnes Industrial Park Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
Self Insured Clients: $50 per person
Member Registration › Self-Insured Registration ›
The cornerstone to an effective safety and loss control program is understanding the hazards at your establishment. Whether your employees work in one place or throughout the community it is essential for you to understand the risks that they face and ensure that you have the proper safety programs and PPE in place. This class is intended to assist you with creating or updating your Hazard Communication and Hand and Power Tool programs to ensure that you are effectively protecting your employees and conforming to OSHA and CONN OSHA regulations.
In this interactive workshop, we will take you through a series of exercises to carefully determine the hazards that your employees are exposed to and the steps to protect them. This class will explore the hazards and solutions for chemicals and hand and power tools used in your establishments. This class will also highlight Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that is required to protect employees and anyone that works in your environment.
- Learn how to identify chemical and hand and power tool hazards in the workplace,
- Learn how to apply the appropriate controls to hazards,
- Learn the hazard assessment process as related to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard and Hand and Power Tools,
- Learn how to review a Safety Data Sheet, understand the hazards, and appropriate controls including PPE,
- Understand the necessity of training employees to understand hazards
- All Members and Clients
- Managers, Safety Committee Chair, Human Resources, Facilities Managers, or anyone responsible for creating and/or updating safety programs for your organization.
Pamela A. Hunter, Ph.D., M.S., CSP, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust
Kathleen Marek, CSP, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust
2.75 CEUs from LeadingAge CT.
| | Share/Bookmark