Hazard Assessments: Respiratory Protection and Bloodborne Pathogens
Workers' Compensation Trust
47 Barnes Industrial Park Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
Self Insured Clients: $50 per person
Member Registration › Self-Insured Registration ›
The cornerstone to an effective safety and loss control program is understanding the hazards at your establishment. Whether your employees work in one place or throughout the community it is essential for you to understand the risks that they face and ensure that you have the proper safety programs and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in place. This class is intended to assist you with creating or updating your Respiratory Protection Program and Exposure Control Plan to ensure that you are effectively protecting your employees while conforming to OSHA and CONN OSHA regulations.
In this interactive workshop, we will take you through a series of exercises to carefully determine the hazards that your employees are exposed to and the steps to protect them. This class will explore the hazards and solutions for respiratory and bloodborne pathogens that employees are exposed to in your establishments. This class will also highlight (PPE) that is required to protect employees and anyone that works in your environment.
- Understand how to identify respiratory and bloodborne pathogens hazard in the workplace
- How to apply the appropriate controls to the hazards
- Understand the hazard assessment process as related to OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard and Bloodborne Pathogens Standard,
- Understand the necessity of training employees to understand hazards
- All Members and Clients
- Managers, Safety Committee Chair, Human Resources, Facilities Managers, or anyone responsible for creating and/or updating safety programs for your organization.
Joanna Colon Figueroa, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust
Donna Santamaria, MS, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust
2.75 CEUs from LeadingAge CT.
| | Share/Bookmark