National Safety Council Defensive Driving 4-Hour Course - In Person
Workers' Compensation Trust, 47 Barnes Industrial Park Road, Wallingford, CT 06492 (203) 678-0123
Cost: Members $50 per person
Self-Insured Clients: $75 per person
Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving, including talking or texting on the phone, eating and drinking, talking to people in the vehicle, fiddling with the radio or navigation system - anything that takes a driver's attention away from the task of safe driving. Distracted driving is a deadly behavior. The National Safety Council (NSC) analysis of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data finds that 3,412 people died in distraction-affected crashes in 2020. This is an increase of about 1% from 3,119 deaths in 2019. Employees can learn to be a safer driver. Give your employees the tools they need to be a defensive driver every time they get behind the wheel. This 4-hour defensive driving course, taught IN PERSON by Trust personnel and developed by the National Safety Council, provides practical techniques each driver can use to protect themselves and their passengers from a motor vehicle crash. Participants will receive a National Safety Council certificate upon successful completion of the class.
Upon completing the course, learners should be able to:
- Choose appropriate driving behaviors based on different driving situations and conditions
- List ten habits of defensive driving
- Recognize that every behavior is a choice
- Identify risky driving behaviors that, statistically, lead to the most collisions and fatalities on U.S. roads
- Recognize potential hazards when driving and make appropriate driving choices to avoid those hazards
- Identify the potential consequences of unsafe driving behaviors
- Explain the NSC collision prevention formula
Anyone in the organization who drives a company vehicle or their personal vehicle for company use.
Kathy Marek, CSP, Senior Loss Control Consultant
Carlos Rivera, Senior Loss Control Consultant