Safety Solutions: Spring Into Safety
Cost: Free to Members and Self-Insured Clients
While we may feel that spring only brings warm temperatures, flowers and sunshine, it also brings new hazards that we haven’t had to consider for the past 6 plus months. Now is a great time to begin to think about and plan for those hazards and exposures that will soon be upon us. We’ll discuss chemical safety, spring cleaning, lawn, garden and garage safety, fire and driving safety, animals and bugs/pests, etc. and provide you tips and resources to help keep you and your staff safe as the days get longer.
- Review workplace hazards faced by employees during the spring season
- Identify warm weather hazards and controls to help prevent injuries
- Provide information on safe spring driving
- Review potential policies that can help reduce workplace injuries
- Provide forms and resources to further enhance or develop your programs
Employers and employees where job tasks require them to be exposed to spring weather conditions including supervisors, maintenance, operations and facility workers as well as employees who must drive as part of their job.
Kathy Marek-Bissonnette, CSP, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust