Safety Workshop Series: Part 3 - Personal Protective Equipment and Hazard Communication
Cost: Free to Members and Self-Insured Clients
We are pleased to introduce a NEW series of safety classes; the Safety Workshop Series. This series is intended to assist you with creating, developing and updating your safety programs to ensure that you are effectively protecting your employees and conforming to OSHA regulations as OSHA requires site specific programs and trainings. This series will highlight specific safety programs that impact the majority of our members and clients.
In this hands-on workshop employers whose workers are exposed to hazardous chemicals and/or utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the workplace will learn how to create effective programs and provide training to safeguard employees. This session will teach attendees how to complete a hazard assessment specific to these exposures. Participants will also learn how to review Safety Data Sheets (SDS's), conduct PPE assessments and create site-specific programs. Then once the program is written, provide site-specific training for employees.
- Learn how to review Safety Data Sheets and what to look for
- Understand how to conduct a Personal Protective Equipment assessments
- Understand the major requirements of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard
- Understand OSHA’s requirements for Personal Protective Equipment
- Learn how to create or update your Hazard Communication program
- Develop site-specific employee training programs pertaining to Hazard Communication and PPE
Anyone in the organization who has responsibility for the development of programs and training pertaining to the Hazard Communication program and Personal Protective Equipment, including: CEOs, Administrators, Risk Managers, Human Resources Managers, Facilities Managers, Safety Committee Chair and anyone responsible for safety at your organization.
Pamela Hunter, Ph.D. MS, CSP, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers' Compensation Trust