Cost: Free to Members and Self-Insured Clients
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 22 million workers are exposed to potentially damaging noise at work each year. Whether you work in a maintenance shop, on a golf course, or operate a jackhammer—hearing loss is preventable.
Noise may be a problem in your workplace if you:
- Hear ringing or humming in your ears when you leave work
- Have to shout to be heard by a coworker an arm's length away
- Experience temporary hearing loss when leaving work
This FREE webinar is designed to assist with the identification of these types of noise induced hazards and how to implement controls which can prevent hearing loss.
- Identify, understand and reduce noise induced hazards and exposures that exist in the workplace
- Gain a better understanding of the OSHA regulation CFR 1910.95
- Learn how to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as a method to control the exposure should engineering controls not be feasible
This seminar will benefit any organization whose employees may be exposed to noise such as municipal employees, emergency responders, garage and maintenance employees.
Carlos Rivera, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Trust