Insurance Coverage: Essential Knowledge for Purchasing Decisions
Workers' Compensation Trust, 47 Barnes Industrial Road South, Wallingford, CT 06492 (203) 678-0123
Management Liability Insurance
Cost: Members $100 per person
Self-Insured Clients $200 per person
Come learn what you need to know. Taught by Ed Meaney, CPCU, Trust Academy, these classes are designed to provide executives with the information necessary to make informed decisions about purchasing commercial insurance. Choose the classes which will increase your knowledge and ensure your organization is protected.
Risk Management as Management
Most organizations do not have a designated Risk Manager, but risk management is a critical tool to ensure the organization is covered for any and all loss exposures related to liability. How do you protect your organization when hiring contractors? What steps must you take to ensure contractors have the coverage necessary to protect your organization? Liability claims can cause monetary and public damage to your organization, learn what you need to know to lessen this exposure.
- Characteristics common to management and risk management
- Steps in the risk management process
- Exposure identification & management
- Financial concepts in risk management
- Non-insurance transfer
- Key terms of insurance contracts
- State regulations
- Occurrence vs claims made
- Insuring agreements
- Additional insured and contractual liability
- Who is an insured?
- Key provisions: subrogation, primary/excess, bankruptcy, audits-deposit premium, classification and exposure basis
Contractual Liability & Certificates of Insurance
- Indemnification of key errors on certificates of insurance
- Hold harmless issues
- Additional insured and primary/excess
- Written contract language
- Failure to supervise, control and hire
- Wording on new forms of GL
- Danger of catering and restaurant certificates
Administrators, CEO’s, COOs, CFOs, Senior Management and HR Managers.
Ed Meaney, Trust Academy Coordinator, Workers' Compensation Trust
Ed Meaney, CPCU of Think Beyond, LLC has over 42 years experience in the insurance industry and has taught at: University of New Haven, Southern Connecticut State University, Hartford Graduate Center and the American Institutes. He also served as the Educational Director for Independent Insurance Agents of Connecticut for over 5 years. Ed is an active member in the Society of CPCU as well as a member of the Hartford chapter of the Professional Liability Underwriters for over 14 years.