National Safety Council Defensive Driving 4-Hour Course
Workers' Compensation Trust, 47 Barnes Industrial Road South, Wallingford, CT 06492 (203) 678-0123
Cost: Members $40 per person
Self-Insured Clients: $60 per person
Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention from driving, including talking or texting on the phone, eating and drinking, talking to people in the vehicle, fiddling with the radio or navigation system - anything that takes a driver's attention away from the task of safe driving. Distracted driving is a deadly behavior. Each day in the United States approximately 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. Employees can learn to be a safer driver. Give your employees the tools they need to be a defensive driver every time they get behind the wheel. This 4-hour defensive driving course, taught by Trust personnel and developed by the National Safety Council, provides practical techniques each driver can use to protect themselves and their passengers from a motor vehicle crash. Participants will receive a National Safety Council certificate upon successful completion of the class.
- Learn about collisions; ways to prevent a collision and how to apply the DDC Collision Prevention Formula
- Learn the key distractions on the roadways, the legal responsibilities of drivers, and the potential risks and impacts of driving impaired or fatigued
- Learn strategies for eliminating distractions and hazards
- Understand the various conditions on roadways and how to prevent a collision by reducing the risks and hazards
- Understand the "fatal four" driving behaviors and how to prevent these top four violations which lead to collisions and incidents
Anyone in the organization who drives a company vehicle or their personal vehicle for company use.